July16

July16

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Strawberry Rhubarb Pie and "My Chores Dress"

Happy Saturday!!! 
I'm going to share my Strawberry Rhubarb Pie with you!
It was soooo yummy! I hope everyone gives it a try!
And strawberry eating picking season is here too! We were going to go this morning if it didn't rain, but it's raining.....so hopefully soon we will be able to go! 




Isn't the Rhubarb leaves huge!?! 


Strawberry Rhubarb Pie:::
~3-31/2 cups of rhubarb
~3-31/2 cups of strawberries
3tbs. cornstarch
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1tsp. lemon juice
2 tblsp. unsalted butter cut into chunks.

-Mix together-
And for the glaze on top 1 large egg yolk beaten to blend with 1 tsp. water, then add granulated white sugar
Bake 35 minutes, check crust edges another 10 minutes. At 400 degrees. 
Enjoy!!! Would love to hear if you try it!

"My Chores Dress"
Such a cute little dress!! I just loved the little tag and her cute apron.
I bought this from Fran, you can find her Etsy Shop Here.
She has so many cute and sweet things! Lovely primitives!!
And not to mention is she is so super sweet and nice herself!!
Here's where I hung my little dress :) 
And look she even sent along a cute little white bird too!! :) 

Wishing you a lovely weekend!!! 

P.S. Did you hear the news????

I'm so excited I will be moving into a larger booth size at the end of this month at the shop 
{{ Uptowne Shoppes, on state street LaPorte IN }}
So I will be working like a little busy bee! To make new things and to fill up the larger space! :) 
Hugs,
xox Holly



Linking with~

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me that I want to plant rhubarb! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blogged today that I needed some rhubarb recipes, I 'm pinning this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strawbs & rhubarb are two of my favourites so definitely going to give this a try! Thanks for sharing the recipe, and congrats on your new bigger shoppe too :-)
    Have a happy week!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your recipe reminds me of my grandmother's. Such sweet memories. Have fun filling up your new booth. How very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll take a big slice of your pie for breakfast...looks delicious. It's always good to have room to spread out, have fun with your new space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the bigger store space, I wish you nothing but the best of luck. I haven't had strawberry rhubarb pie in forever!!!! I'd give it a try but my oven just died the other day while I was baking my daughter some birthday cookies. I probably won't get a new one for a few weeks as I hunt for a bargain, but I'll save your recipe. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Holly I LOVE where you hung your little dress!! It looks so sweet there!! And thanks for the shout out for my shoppe!!! I had a blast on vaca I made a new pattern and got it sewed up! Made another style pig too. We had a very frugal vacation this time!! Lot's of sack lunches with peanut butter and jellies!! I got some home made strawberry and rhubarb jam for them!! Your pie looks so yummy!! You do good work girl!! And Congrats on movin on up!! That's what I like to hear good news!! XOXO Love ya Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holly, your pie looks soooo good! I've never done anything with Rhubarb, but I see I'm going to have to change that. The little dress is precious. Congrats to moving to a larger space...glad you are doing so well!
    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi.........Just wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway for a gift certificate to my new Etsy Shop named: Daisy Pink Wish .....if you have time please check it out....would love to see you enter :) BTW: That pie looks so good!

    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I love rhubarb - very much indeed - so I will have to try this recipe

    You new move sounds very exciting - all the best with that and love the little dress too
    Best wishes
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete

I love reading each of your comments thank you so much for stopping by for a visit!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...